3 Ways to Remove Red Wine Stain From Carpet
Red wine stains can be a pain to remove from the carpet, but with the right tools and ingredients, it is possible! We will cover how to remove red wine from your carpet without causing any permanent damage. As well as give you some pro tips on keeping your carpets free of stains in general. Let’s get started!
How to Remove Wine Stains from Carpet
Method 1: Baking Soda
- Use clean white cloth to blot the stains as much as possible.
- Sprinkle baking soda on it
- Bot the stains again
- Sprinkle more baking soda
- Repeat the process until the wine stain is removed.
How to Remove Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Method 2: Dishwashing Liquid & Vinegar
- Blot the stains as much as possible
- Mix cleaning solution:
- A tablespoon of dish washing liquid,
- A tablespoon of white vinegar
- 2 cups of hot water
- Use white cloth to blot the wine stain with mixed solution. Repeat the process until stain is removed.
How to Remove Wine stain from Carpet
Method 3: Hydrogen Peroxide
NOTE; Hydrogen Peroxide may cause carpet discolouration.
- Bot the stain as dry as possible with paper towel
- Mix hydrogen proxied with dishwashing liquid ration 2:1. Test the solution on a spare piece of carpet.
- If no discolouration one the same carpet material, continue
- Spread the solution to the red wine stain area and blot it out with paper towel
- Repeat the application and dabbing until stain is removed.
Thanks for reading this blog post! We hope you found it helpful. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or comments about the information we’ve shared here. In the meantime, be sure to take a look at our other tips and tricks that might come in handy when tackling your next carpet cleaning project. Remember- nobody likes wine stains on their carpets!