Up to 80% of carpet soiling is grainy, and the best way to remove this type of grainy soil is by slow vacuuming. What is remained is the oily type of soil attached to carpet fibres, similar to oily hair. Vacuuming can’t remove it as it is attached securely to the fibre. This is also known as staining. See our Affordable Pricing.
Professional Carpet Cleaner Uses Different Methods
1. Professional Steam Carpet Cleaning
Property managers highly recommended steam carpet cleaning. Powerful truck-mounted commercial carpet cleaning for cleaning stains off the carpet. Hot water extraction is the most popular deep cleaning method and can remove about 98% of the dirt and carpet stain removal. It also kills dust mites.
Different types of rugs cleaning machines will have different costs. Steam carpet cleaning in Auckland is preferred by most professional carpet cleaning companies, also knows as Hot water extraction is the most popular deep cleaning method and can remove about 98% of the dirt and carpet stain removal. It also kills dust mites.
Pre-spray of eco-friendly carpet cleaning shampoo, sanitiser, and deodorizer is applied before steam cleaning. Stain areas with a stain treatment. Truckmount Steam carpet cleaning machine will inject hot water is at high pressure to the carpet.
The rug is rinsed with hot water, and dirty water is suctioned back up through an extraction wand. Because the extraction vacuuming follows closely after the jet nozzle. The water is hot enough to dissolve stains but not too hot to damage the carpet fibre like wool or nylon. If power water suction is applied, will take about a few hours to dry.
The professional carpet cleaning price will depend on the carpet loops, short cut pile or one pile is the cheapest to clean, a loop pile or long pile carpet may cost 10% more. Steam carpet cleaning can keep both carpet and upholsteries clean.
- Effective stain treatments.
- Allow high pressure, temperature for carpet and upholstery cleaning.
- Long drying time
- Expensive truck mount equipment and cleaning process
2. Shampoo Professional Carpet Cleaning
Pre Vacuuming is done before the professional carpet cleaning service. Shampoo rug cleaning uses rotating brushes to push shampoo foams into the carpet and then vacuumed up. But no rinsing afterwards.
The remaining foam can become sticky, may attract more dust and dirt. Little water is used so it’s quick to dry.
- Fast, affordable and easy to operate
- Good agitation with counter-rotating brushes little moisture used, so little drying time needed.
- Can not remove soil from the root layer of the carpet.
- Can’t use high temperature to break stains
3. Dry Professional Carpet Cleaning
Cleaning powder-based solvent with 10% water is pushed into the carpet. The solvent is brushed between the carpet fibre. It will absorb dirt and the solvent will be dried into power with the absorbed dirt after 10 minutes.
You can then vacuum the dried solvent away with the captured dirt. This is not as powerful deep clean as steam clean, but it’s not as much hard work. The chemicals will not attract future dirt like carpet shampoo.
- Simple method and no training is needed
- Quick-drying for about 20 minutes.
- The powder can trap in thick carpet piles and attract more dirt over time.
- Can not do deep cleaning.
4. Encapsulation Professional Carpet Cleaning
Similar to dry professional carpet cleaning, a rotating brush apply the cleansing foam into the carpet. The foam contact with the dirt then crystallizes and encapsulates the dirt then dries in about 20 minutes.
Then you can vacuum the crystalized form with the dirt captured. Encapsulation uses fewer chemicals than shampooing and dries faster. However, this method does not remove heavy stains.
- Easy carpet cleaningmethod
- Drys about 20 minutes
- REsidue might remian and trap dirts overtime
- Can only do surface cleaning
5. Bonnet Professional Carpet Cleaning
Rug cleaning detergent is sprayed on the carpet. A spinning pad with a cleaning solution work over the top of a carpet and absorb dirt from the carpet.
The pad needs to be rinsed frequently when it fills with dirt. Usually need to rinse the pad every hundred square meters. So you can optimize the pad’s capacity to absorb dirt.
This is commonly used in hotels for its quick cleaning drying properties. However, it is not a deep clean and only cleans the top layer of the carpet. And the cleaning solution will accumulate within the carpet fibre. This is why carpet manufacturers will not valid warranty if you use Bonnet Carpet Cleaning in Auckland.
- Fast, affordable and simple and inexpensive.
- Effective with little soiled carpets.
- Only cleans the top surface of carpet fibres, not a deep clean.
- Wil leaves chemical residues and dirt and the bottom layers of the carpet
Carpet Cleaning Process
- Booking usually by phone then by email. Will give a quote based on the number of rooms and stains. Can give onsite visit for a quote for a large commercial job.
- Remove smaller furniture from the floor, things like lamps and side tables can be knocked over if accidentally touched during cleaning. Large furniture like beds, sofas, and desks are preferred to be cleared out of the carpet before the cleaner arrives.
- Respray professional carpet cleaning shampoo, sanitiser, and deodorizer. Stains and soiled areas will be pre-treated with appropriate chemicals.
- The actual commercial carpet cleaning itself.
- Some companies will groom the carpet after cleaning, optional fabric protection and pest control.
- Customer review after cleaning.
- Open windows or air conditioners for good airflow to make fast drying times. Drying usually takes half a day. Some cleaners offer an air mover which can dry the carpet within an hour.
- If the furniture is on the carpet before the carpet is dried. Please have some plastic bags as a barrier between furniture feet and wet rug to prevent paint or rust stain from the furniture.