Ick. You just got vomit on your carpet. What are you going to do? Obviously, the first step is to remove the vomit from the carpet as quickly as possible. But how do you do that without making a mess? Here are a few tips for removing vomit from your carpet without making things worse.
How To Clean Vomit from Carpet
Method 1: The Fastest Way to Remove Vomit from Carpet
- Begin by scraping off the vomit.
- Sprinkle a small quantity of baking soda over the spot and wait 10 to 15 minutes before vacuuming.
- Use one tablespoon each of hand dishwashing detergent, like Dawn Liquid Dish Soap, and white vinegar in two cups of warm water to make a paste.
- Sponge the stain with this solution and blot until no more liquid is visible.
- Sponge with cold water and dry off to remove the detergent/vinegar solution.
Method 2: How to Clean Surprise Vomit
Perhaps you missed a spot or the dog became ill, which is why you didn’t realize it until several weeks later. You’re fortunate enough to have to figure out how to get vomit out of the carpet after it has dried now.
That’s fantastic news! (It’s a bit of good news…you’re still cleaning vomit, after all.) You may carry out the same procedures outlined in Method 1 with these two modifications:
- Before using the spoon to remove dried vomit, dampen the area first to prevent ripping your carpeting.
- Repeat Method 1 until the spot is clean, as needed.
Method 3: Cleaning Vomit if You Can’t Do it Now
Life happens, and you may be rushing to the doctor or caring for a sick youngster. If that’s the case, that filthy mess will have to wait a while before you can deal with it.
- Baking soda
- A vacuum cleaner
- A towel
- The tools and materials from Method 1
- Place baking soda on the affected area of your carpeting.
- Cover the baking soda with a towel for at least 15 minutes. If you won’t be able to keep an eye on them, make sure the room is closed off to any pets.
- When you’re done cleaning up the spill, put the towel in the wash and vacuum up all of the baking soda. (If you don’t want vomit in your vacuum canister, use a broom instead.)
- Follow the instructions from Method 1 once all of the baking soda has been removed.
- Cleaning throw-up out of carpet, on the other hand, is not a pleasant experience but is an essential one in order to keep your house clean. The ideal situation, of course, would be for your family not to become sick in the first place.