If you’re like most people, you probably don’t have a steam cleaner and you’re not sure how to deep clean your carpets. Not to worry! There are plenty of ways to get your carpets looking new again without spending a fortune on a steam cleaner.
Here’s How to Deep Clean Carpet Without a Machine
Do you know how much filth and grime your carpet can accumulate? If you have children or pets, you certainly do. Germs and bacteria may breed in an unclean carpet.
Don’t let your carpet put you off cleaning because you don’t know where to begin. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to clean carpet without having to rent or buy a machine.
How to Deep Clean Carpet
When people think about deep cleaning carpets, they often consider having to hire a high-cost cleaning service. Alternatively, some people prefer renting an expensive steam cleaner.
There’s some fantastic news for you! You may clean your carpet with a few simple tools that you probably already have at home. To begin, bring the following items:
- Baking soda
- A spray bottle
- A bristle brush
- Some rags you aren’t attached to
- Table salt
- Water and detergent
The Cleaning Steps:
1. Detergent is added to the spray bottle in this step. Fill a spray bottle with water and add 1/8 teaspoon detergent. Swirl the bottle gently to combine the detergent and water.
2. To prepare, lightly dust the area of your carpet you wish to deep clean with baking soda. Then scatter the table salt over it. Don’t worry about covering the whole carpet.
Simply make sure the space is clean. It will travel throughout the room as you dust it.
3. Now, spray the detergent and water combination over the carpet. Allow several minutes for the detergent, baking soda, and salt mixture to sit.
4. Finally, pick up the bristle brush and scrub the carpet in a single direction only. One method of brushing the carpet initially collects dirt and hair on one side.
When you’re done, gather up the debris and filth clumps.
5. You may begin by brushing a small angle away from where you started and then repeating the process. This will assist you in gathering any remaining dirt or crumbs, making it easier to remove them.
6. It’s time to collect the rags when the grime-removing process is completed. Place the rags on the carpet in a row. To help the rags absorb water, you may need to lay some substantial objects on top of them.
After the carpet has been mostly dry, empty the spray bottle and fill it with clean water. This time, don’t add detergent to the mix.
7. When using this technique, it’s important to re-wet the carpet before spraying it.
8. Simply use additional towels to absorb the water, and there you have it.
Cleaning your carpet with this approach might take some time. However, if you have a big scrub brush, cleaning may be completed rather quickly.
There’s no need to spend extra money on a high-tech steamer. The power of baking soda is well-known for cleaning a variety of household items. It’s also safe for kids and dogs. This method doesn’t use any strong or hazardous chemicals.