People may prefer having hardwood flooring in their homes which is easy to maintain and clean. But there is no better feeling in the winter season than putting your feet on a warm and comfortable shag carpet. The lone issue is that you need carpet cleaning in Auckland, which can be a tiring task.
It can be a tough ask for anyone with the carpet to keep it clean and attractive for the visitors. Keep all of your worries away, as we have some easy, cheap, effective, and safe hacks for you to keep your carpet stain and dirt-free.
Vacuum cleaning is undoubtedly a good and easy option to clean your house, but we have no idea how much effect vacuum cleaning has on the carpet.
Disclaimer: Test treatments on a spare piece of carpet to make sure it’s colour safe for your carpet before applying it to the main areas.
Before using a vacuum cleaner on a homemade rug, keep in mind test it on a small piece of similar cloth to avoid any unwanted damage.
How to Remove Spill Stains?
The main thing in case of anything spilled on the carpet is to treat it as quickly as you can. If you have guests in your house and something is spilled on your carpet, you won’t want to run a vacuum cleaner, but there are ways to treat the spills so that the stains won’t settle in and you won’t face any difficulty afterward. You can bet your own carpet cleaner in Auckland.
The first part is to do your own carpet cleaning service and soak up the extra spill as much as you can. After that, you can use one of the following methods to treat the type of spill you are dealing with carpet and upholstery cleaning:
If there are any spills like juices or cold drinks spilled on your carpet in West Auckland, you have to blot the spot first. Then take a warm cloth and blot it again. Make sure not to rub the cloth over the spot, as sugar-based spills will settle in your carpet and leave a permanent spot.
Keep on putting the pressure on the spot and soak the water with a warm cloth as much as possible. After you are done with this step, put a clean towel on the sport and keep it there for a while. The towel will absorb all the remaining water and sugar from the surface.
If any dairy product such as milk has spilled on your carpet, take one cup of warm water and mix a half tablespoon of dish detergent and mix it. Plunge a spotless material in this arrangement and blot the spot with this cloth. Keep on cleaning the spot with the blotting method until the milk is completely cleaned up.
For wine spills, you can use the same method as you have used for dairy spills. IF you want a stronger solution, replace dish detergent with vinegar. After finishing the blotting method, if there is still any stain left, take cold water, pour it on the spot, and start blotting again.
Still, if there are stains, use baking soda with hot water with a ratio of 1:3. After this, clean the surface and vacuum it. Thusly, you will want to get rid of stubborn wine stains.
How to Deal with Smell?
Having pets in your house can leave a smell on your carpet. Also, older carpets can leave an unpleasant smell behind. There is an easy way to treat carpet smells. Make a mixture of 2 cups of baking soda with 10 drops of essential oil of your liking.
Take this solution and sprinkle over the carpet and leave it for a few minutes. After that, steam clean the carpet and deep clean high traffic areas. You can now smell a pleasant aroma of your carpet around the house.
Dealing with Other Types of Stains and Residues
· Having pets in your house can leave your carpet with a lot of pet hair. These tiny hairs are sometimes not cleaned with the vacuum cleaner. In such cases, you need to get a rubber window squeegee and rub it on the carpet. The rubber will help you get all the hair due to the sticky nature of the rubber.
· You can also use a lint roller on your carpet. These rollers are not difficult to use. You can use this in the areas where your pets sit more often. Lint roller will also help you pick up more tiny particles such as mud and crumps, which are not picked by vacuum.
· There are usually oil-based stains on the carpet. Use baking soda as carpet stain remover. You simply need to sprinkle the heating pop or baking soda over the affected spot and wait for few minutes until the baking soda is dried.
If the edge of baking soda becomes crusty, it means that it is ready to be vacuumed. Still, if the stain has not vanished completely, you can repeat the process.
· People usually use alcohol solutions to remove nail polish and paint stains from the carpet. The disadvantage of this step is that it also affects the color of the carpet. The best way to treat nail polish and paint stains is to remove the dried stain with a sharp object that can be used to pick up the dried nail polish or paint. Yet, you must be cautious with this method, as you surely won’t want to damage the carpet.
· Removing gum from your carpet may seem impossible, but it is not. You will need an ice cube and place it on the gum, which will make the gum harder and break the bond between the gum and the carpet. You can simply lift hard gum easily.
· Carpet areas that will be getting too many feet on it every time can get dirty easier. You need to take shaving cream and put it on the carpet. Now you just have to wait for some time and then vacuum the carpet.
All the foot marks and dirt will magically be gone. Shaving cream sometimes also fluff the carpet rug, which is pressed down because of too much walking on it.
· There might be some stains on your carpet which you don’t where they came from or what type of stain it is. For treating such stains, you need to get the mix equal parts of water and vinegar.
First of all, vacuum the area and then sprinkle the prepared solution on it. Let the solution settle in the carpet, and then take a clean cloth and an iron. Place the cloth over the spot and put a hot iron on it.
After some time, when you will lift the cloth, you will see all the dirt and residue is now soaked by the cloth. This is the way you can treat unknown stains. If want better results, call a carpet cleaning company near you.
How to Give a New Look to Your Carpet?
You probably have heard of carpet dents. If not, carpet dents are the dents on your carpet on placing heavy furniture on it. The fiber of the carpet is pressed down to the extent that it loses its original shape. You can treat carpet dents by putting ice cubes on them.
After the ice cube is melted, take a warm cloth and blot the area to absorb the water. Now the fibers of this area are softened up, and you can reshape your carpet with your hand.
Another way of treating carpet dents is to use water and vinegar solution. Sprinkle this solution on the carpet dent and let it dry. Now use the spoon to reshape the fibers. This method is effective in the areas where there is too much walking on the carpet.